Damn, if I had known last month how much effort needed to go into this, I would have started sooner.
I estimated around 15k for the worldbuilding document, which I thought was reasonable. By the time the fifteenth of July came around, I had turned it into a 29k word document with 60 pages. Absolutely crazy I tell you.
After that, I managed to fix the travel trajectories and timelines. So I was able to carefully and accurately detail how long it took to get from one place to another and give my novel a decent timeline. It takes a long time to travel around a continent once or twice without the luxury of a car.
I then worked on the timeline in order to get a better understanding of how much time has really passed in the world that Imeria rests in. From 5000 BBD all the way through to 1746 ABD which is when the first novel begins. I haven’t included the main events from the novel into the timeline just yet, but I will as I go through the editing of the novel which comes after this revision stage that I have reached.
And there is the revision stage I was just talking about, showing a good 12 months and 250k words worth of work in one workspace. I started it on the 20th of this month and as of today, I am halfway through it. All of those revisions will soon turn into edits on my computer towards the second half of this next month. Not only that, but I will be adding a lot more content, removing content and even changing some of the content that already exists. All of the worldbuilding I have been working on is going to pay off tenfold and I hope you will all see it show in my writing next year when Shadows of Imeria gets published.
This next month I am going to be even busier, maybe even too busy to read a new novel. Although that saddens me, I think the work I put into my novel will be worth it. I hope to see you all again soon!